What is The Idea Games?
A fun, focused, online festival of idea events which reduce waste, increase productivity and morale.
Everybody knows the Olympics! Sixteen days of athletic excellence and personal achievement. Dedicated people determined to make an impact and focused on success, teamwork and on sharing the spirit of competition and community.
Apply that brilliant effort to ideas.... and you have the Idea Games! Now you can harness the same concentration, enthusiasm and focus. Employees suggesting solutions to stop doing the things that no longer create value, while unleashing powerful ideas which boost engagement, loyalty and profit.
a challenge timetable
Employees take just a few minutes to share improvement ideas....
FRIDAY 9am – Your Improvement Tournament Opens!
All user login details already sent the night before. People login and throughout the day Improvement Ideas and interesting stories that can trigger improvement start to flow.
THE FOLLOWING WEEK
MONDAY – through Thursday: More improvement ideas spreading; people reading, voting, commenting and incubating ideas. Ideas routed to the right people.
FRIDAY: Everyone updated and thanked; Management reports of all improvement ideas generated, ready for evaluation.
FRIDAY 9 AM: First departmental ideas probably implemented!
The Challenge Process summed up: Inclusion!
- Managers, Department Heads, Team Leaders prioritize goals.
- Harness great employee and customer ideas which boost engagement, loyalty, profit and productivity.
- Launch and invite employees to participate.
- Updates are automatic to encourage and inform.
- Reports to management are comprehensive to enable decision making.
- The Event is short, sweet and productive.
- Idea evaluation and implementation begins immediately.
What are the benefits to managers?
It makes Managers better and more creative by giving them a simple way to:
- Encourage their team to think about improvement and change.
- Create opportunities for employees/teams to solve issues.
- Promote team collaboration and employee engagement.
- Educate about the process of innovation, from conception of an idea or initiative, through its incubation, evolution and evaluation, and final presentation.
What are the benefits to employees?
- They know that management values their contribution and experience.
- They can participate at the level they feel most comfortable with - suggesting Ideas, or making comments, or voting or just reading.
- They feel part of the process and this gives them a stake in the outcome.
- Recognition of effort and initiatives aids performance.